Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 6 Years7 Years8 Years +
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Compute tariffs, price conversions, weight and volume of merchandise exported to foreign destinations.
- Examine various documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of exported products.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards for export clearance operations.
- Develop written procedures for handling each account, including schedule of service fees, shipment and booking process, and any other related information.
- Ensure account procedures are input into appropriate databases.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently administered.
- Identify areas of concern in the clients’ export processes through monitoring of team performance against company and client standards, regular audit of shipment documents and accounting, and periodic client reviews.
- Communicate transaction problems or irregularities to manager and assist in identifying solutions.
- Ensure new staff is trained on assigned duties, and delegate training responsibility to other
- Bachelor’s Degree; Age 40 years old and above.
- Minimum five years related work experience required.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.